Enjoy this Cool Watermelon Salad when the temperatures rise during the hot summer months. This simple summer salad is a great addition to the BBQ table, or bring it along in your picnic kit. Fresh mint brings the “cool” blast to this crunchy-tart-sweet salad.
Cool Watermelon Salad
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8ml Danodan organic hemp flower infusion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 c watermelon, cubed
- 1½ c cucumber, sliced, seeds removed
- ½ c feta, crumbled (optional)
- 1 tbsp mint , sliced or torn
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and Danodan
- Stream the olive oil into the bowl while whisking
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl
- Add the watermelon, cucumber, feta (if using; see vegan option below), and herbs to the bowl
- Gently fold ingredients together with a spatula
- Keep chilled until served
Vegan option: Omit feta, or replace with 1/2 c crumbled firm tofu tossed with 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1/8 tsp salt.
This Cool Watermelon Salad is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next outdoor gathering.
The Danodan organic hemp flower infusion helps you kick back and relax, while the watermelon and cucumber naturally hydrate and keep you cool. Fresh parsley and mint provide a wonderful herbal note, while salty feta cheese (or vegan option above) gives a savory-umami kick.
Pairs perfectly with a pitcher of our Sparkling Mint Limeade, some shade, and close friends.